A key part of the projects I work on is the security and privacy of the people and companies that I work with. Any photography or film & production work is kept private during production and a contract will be provided explicitly stating the use of the content. Any undergoing website projects will be handled with extreme care, storing any passwords on a secure platform and will not be shared with anyone without permission from the owner of the accounts. See the chart below listing how files and details are stored.
- Account Passwords are transfered through various secure methods, such as WhatsApp, Password Managers or multiple emails.
- Your website content is protected using multiple methods of encryption. Any logins used will be encrypted and shared privately to the client.
- Website Hosting is handled by respective companies and is discussed with the client prior to registration.
- All raw footage is securely stored on independent hard drives and accessed by only people within the project.
- Footage may be published to social media for advertising or portfolio reasons. Wedding Highlights do not require explicit permission from any attending member as it is created for the express purpose of personal use.
- All raw photos are securely stored on independent hard drives and accessed by only people within the project.
- Photos may be published to social media for advertising or portfolio reasons. Wedding photos do not require explicit permission from any attending member as it is created for the express purpose of personal use.
What data we collect
When you visit my website, some data is collected about the following...
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser and operating system you are using.
- Your name, email address, phone number and any comments or enquiries you leave when contacting Ben Green.
- Where you visit on my website, where you entered my website from, what page you exit on and how long you are on each page.
Statistics & Analytics
I use a software called Google Anaytics which allows us to monitor the statistics of my website to see how it performs in searches, the amount of visitors my website receives and to monitor the activity of visitors on my website. Google Analytics collects information about the device you are using and the IP address you are accessing from.
Google Analytics is an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find my website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Google Analytics because better understanding how visitors are interacting with my website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on my website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that my website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that my website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find my website)
Furthermore, when you visit my website a Google Analytics cookie (called "is_unique") may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
Google Analytics does not store any personal information such as your full name, address, phone number or email address.
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
My website operates several submission forms to serve the purpose of contacting me and hiring my services.
These submission forms collect the following...
- Full Name
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Relative Business/Personal Information
- (Hire Form) Additional Comments about hiring
- Subject of email
- Message content of email
This information is collected for the following reasons...
- Provide you a physical service
- Provide customer service support
- Resolve any potential issues you had
Why we collect data
Improve your experience
We strive to provide a constant and high-quality experience when you visit my website. To do so, we take data about the devices you are using so we can best optimise my website to how our customers use it and provide the best user experience.
Provide a helpful service
In order to provide a consistent and enjoyable service, data is collected on how you use my website and relevant information on the service you wish me to provide you.
How we process data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of www.bjgreen.co.uk/
Where your data is processed and stored
My website processes all data on a shared cloud hosting server provided by Krystal Hosting. Krystal Hosting states "We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know." Krystal Hosting are not able to access any website data unless permitted so by website administrators or employees with access to our server.
Once your data has been processed, it is not stored on the server and is sent via email to the respective recipient with the domain ending in @bjgreen.co.uk.
In the case that your submission fails, it will continue to be stored on the server till the webmaster has confirmed whether the submission is valid. In the event a submission fails, an email is sent to the webmaster containing the details you entered along with your IP address for moderation. If the submission breaches our terms of service, we will use the IP address provided to prevent access to my website and servers.
How long we keep your data
Google Analytics is set to delete data past 6 months of activity on my website, however in the event that we exceed our "log quota", data may be deleted earlier on.
Data submitted via email may be kept indefinitely however once your project has passed, we will delete your project details.
|Google Analytics||Provides me with real-time tracking information about the device you are using, your IP address and how you are using the website so I can make appropriate changes to enhance your experience. This cookie contains tracking code to tell if you are a returning or new visitor.|
|Google reCAPTCHA||To prevent misuse and spam attempts on our submission forms, we operate reCAPTCHA v3 by Google. This is a clickable box that takes steps to verify you are a human and not attempting to maliciously submit forms.|
You have the right to request...
- Information about how your personal data is processed
- A copy of that personal data
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also...
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
Links to other websites
I am an affiliate of Krystal Hosting and make a commission on sales made through my affiliate link. All Krystal affiliate links are prefaced with "https://affiliate.k.io/". When this link is visited, on purchases of website hosting or other sales, I receive a commission. For more information you can visit Krystal's affiliate programme. My affiliate link is in all page footers and often linked in my blog articles. If it is placed in a blog article, it is declared at the end of the article.
If you click on this link, it will apply a cookie to your browsing session for Krystal's website only
LinkedIn, Instagram & GitHub
These websites are the social media where I hold my professional work, like photography portfolio, business contacts and advertisments and the source code to my open source and private coding projects. These links are secure and are reputable businesses with established privacy pollicies.
Changes to this policy
If there are any urgent changes, we will contact anyone who is impacted if it is necessary.
Last updated 3rd January 2021
Get in touch!
Are you interested in working on your digital appearance or have general questions? I'm available to contact via a number of platforms. For business enquiries, contact me on LinkedIn or via email, or if you want to contact me for a non-business related matter, direct message me on Instagram!